THE HARVEST FOOD PANTRY & CLOTHING CLOSET
The Harvest Food Pantry has been nurturing the physical and spiritual life of the community since 1989. Housed at the Cambridgeport Baptist Church, we serve individuals and families in need of food and clothing.
DATE & TIME
The Harvest is open the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 9:00 to 11:00 am (closed only for major holidays or severe weather)
- We distribute free grocery items including: dry goods, canned goods, bread, and fresh produce
- Gently used clothing in good condition for minimal cost ($.25 to $1.00 per item; $5.00 limit per session)
- There are no income restrictions to visit the pantry, but a personal identification card is required at the time of check-in
- Customers are welcome to come both Saturdays; please do not arrive before 9 a.m., as a lottery system is used for queuing
ABOUT THE PANTRY
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
- We encourage individuals to sign up on www.meetup.com/BostonVolunteer. Groups of five or more should e-mail email@example.com to schedule a time to volunteer together.
- There is no age limit for volunteers, however, children under the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent, group leader or legal guardian
- Volunteers must arrive promptly as scheduled
- Patron liaison prior to doors opening
- New patron assistance
- Registration desk
- Distribution of food to patrons
- Stock room work
We accept donations of non-perishable food and gently used clothing for men, women, and children. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organize a drop off.
459 Putnam Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
First and Third Saturdays: 9AM – 11AM